The developments involving Liverpool striker Luis Suarez have taken another twist as the Uruguayan stated on a Radio Station in Uruguay that he has “two or three options” as far as his future is concerned.
Suarez, 26, has hinted he wants to leave the club and has been linked with a number of sides, including Chelsea and Arsenal, the Gunners have already had a £30m bid rejected.
Suarez is due to be back at Anfield for pre-season training on 21st July but said that the situation could change rapidly.
“You never know what’s going to happen. A phone call could change my plans, I am talking with my agent and I always have my phone with me in case anything develops.”
When asked about Arsenal’s offer, Suarez said: “It’s good to know that after everything that’s happened, teams in England still value me as a footballer. There are several options. There are two or three interested clubs and Liverpool know about this.”
Suarez’s agent Pere Guardiola, the brother of Bayern boss Pep, travelled to Merseyside on Monday for separate meetings with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and managing director Ian Ayre, which had already been planned.
Guardiola told the pair of Suarez’s desire to play for a Champions League club, but Liverpool, who finished seventh in the Premier League last season, have insisted their position has not changed and they want to keep the player.
To add to the drama, Guardiola is yet to submit an official transfer request on behalf of Suarez. The real question which is yet to be answered… is where will Luis Suarez be come August 17th?…