As Autumn/Winter collections hit the high-street, the realisation that our summer will soon be coming to an end (actually, did it even arrive?) is somewhat depressing. Replacing bikinis with biker jackets and crop tops with chunky knits, our summer essentials are gradually being pushed to the back shelf whilst cosy cover-ups take centre stage on the rails. From lavish leather to powerful prints, the new season presents an eclectic mix of fabrics and designs.
Top trends for AW:
1) Prints: Bold, extravagant and ornamental are just a few of the words to describe the array of prints expected for the AW season. From edgy florals to antique designs and oriental influences, these statement prints boast opulence and class.
2) Leather: This gothic-glamour inspired trend incorporates both matte and wet-look leather into our everyday pieces. Featuring in block panelling on trousers to detail on accessories and taking more of an androgynous direction, leather is a clear favourite for the new season.
3) Oversize: Dropped shoulders, long lengths and androgynous tailoring suggests big is beautiful for AW. Cuts are simple and streamlined for a casual yet stylish look.
4) Country: Country classics are back this year boasting familiar fabrics and autumnal colours. The heritage inspired trend features tartan, tweed and traditional tailoring in earthy tones and elegant designs.
5) Military: Toughen up your look as military-inspired khaki green shades and double breasted jackets return to the high-street for the new season. These army-chic garments offer practicality and versatility whilst remaining a stylish staple in your AW wardrobe.