Every April’s big music festival in Indio, California, has turned into a display of the latest fashion in the recent years. Coachella gathers not only music lovers, but all kinds of celebrities, bloggers and fashionistas who like to party pool-side and show their best outfits (or their stylist’s best ones, ahem). The question is: can we rely on the trends these people sport or has Coachella become a high-scale costume party? Let’s analyse some celebrities, from catwalk to disguise!
- Diane Kruger: she’s a regular in this event, and usually gets it right when it comes to fashion. Whether it is nude maxi-skirts, biker boots or ethic-print shorts like this year (not very suitable to pair with knee-high boots in real life, but still) we all know we will follow her steps and end up wearing something she wore before! Oh, and her boyfriend, Joshua Jackson – don’t miss him either!
- Kate Bosworth: the undeniable queen of festival outfits! Ever wondered where that craze for American flag t-shirts came from, last summer? Well, she is the reason. An expert of the boho style and loyal to her Isabel Marant boots, this year she has sported a monochrome, light, two piece outfit and some edgy clothes from her collection for Topshop. Expect to be wearing them soon!
- Kristen Stewart: totally dull. Nothing says boring like those regular denim shorts, paired with a plain t-shirt and her trademark Converse sneakers. The cap didn’t help glaming up the outfit. What could have helped? A bright and colourful statement necklace. It was not so difficult, Kristen!
- Katy Perry: well, we don’t usually see the singer dressed in casual wear. So it’s not shocking that she appeared with a baring outfit from Dolce&Gabbana. She channeled a modern pin-up with a bustier and a (funnily printed) skirt, and we are so used to it that it didn’t even look like a costume. Excess is her surname!
- Ashley Benson: the “Pretty little liars” actress went from posh to grunge. Well, a festival the perfect opportunity to try these fashion ideas you don’t usually dare to wear on a daily basis. We are used to see her dressed in elegant dresses and blazers, for example, but that’s of course just her on-screen character style. So, let’s leave it to the doubt: did she look disguised or not?
- Vanessa Hudgens: obviously, she couldn’t be missing in this list! Vanessa is an icon of Coachella, even if she thinks she is getting back to Woodstock. Whether we like or not her hippie style, she stays true to it: flowers in her head, John Lennon sunglasses, necklaces, cropped tops, loose pants… she’s the ideal inspiration when we son’t know what to wear to a hippie party. Thanks for that, dear!