Sometimes it’s nice to change up your workout routine, whether it’s because you are bored or if you want to try and target different muscles. We have listed below a few workouts that you can incorporate into your existing workout or add in to your new plan. Take a look below and our suggestions.
Exercises With No Equipment
If you are enjoying doing workouts from the comfort of your own home but don’t own any equipment, then check out these bodyweight exercises below.
- Push up – There are a variety of ways you can do a push-up and each technique targets different muscles. You can start off with the standard up/down push-up, whether that be on your knees or on your feet. Side to side push up are a great way to target not only your chest but also your shoulders, triceps and traps.
- Mountain Climbers – These are a great exercise not only to work on your cardio but they also target the core, shoulders, triceps, quads and hamstrings. Make sure your core is engaged and your hands are directly under your shoulders for maximum results.
- Walkouts – If you love burpees then you will love walkouts. They are similar to a burpee but involve laying on the floor on your front to engage your core muscles. These are a killer but a sure way to kill calories.
- Lunges – Lunges are great non-equipment exercises for your legs. To switch up from the standard front and back lunge, you could try out the courtesy lunge. This will engage your quadriceps and glute muscles.
- Plank Shoulder Taps – Planks are a great exercise to not only target your core but will engage muscles all over your body. To take it one step further incorporate shoulder tapes into your plank, this is where you lift one hand at a time to touch the opposite shoulder, add in a little twist of the core to engage your obliques.
Exercises With Equipment
If you are lucky enough to own a gym membership then these exercises are great to add in to your workout routine.
- Chest Fly – Grab two barbells and lay on an inclined bench, put your arms to the side bent and bring them in towards your chest. For some more chest exercises take a look at the best inner chest workout from steel supplements.
- Deadlift – Adding deadlifts into your routine will help you develop strength in your glutes, hamstrings, back and your core. Doing a deadlift will test your stabiliser skills, which comes from the core, these means you will be working on your abs as well as your legs.
- Kettlebell Swings – This exercise is a great one to incorporate into your workout as it targets muscles all over the body, including your glutes, hamstrings, core, back and shoulders.
- Medicine Ball Slam – This one is great for if you are feeling a little stressed and need to get your frustration out whilst exercising. Grab a medicine ball and slam it to the ground this will work on your core, back, triceps, shoulders, hamstrings, glutes and quad muscles.
While you are here check out Six Of The Best: Tips To Stay Motivated In Fitness